Headshots that Connect!
Carmichael Productions, Inc. is professionally equipped for studio portraits, exterior portraits, and product photography. Bob Carmichael brings a lifetime of experience in image creation to your portrait session. The studio is a custom 1,000-square-foot space with 14-foot ceilings equipped with continuous motion picture K5600 HMI Joker lights, Mathews grip equipment, and Chimera soft boxes to fashion the perfect light for your image. Kit includes: Nikon D5 camera, Sigma Art series 105mm f1.4 portrait lens, Matt box 4×5 filtration, and Apple computer tethering are state-of-the-art. Our post-production retouching artist is world-class. Please view our 100 plus Five Star Google Reviews for insights into our reputation. We aim to maintain a safe, creative studio environment. We are employing COVID-19 protocols: PPE, staff N95 mask-wearing, and physical distancing for your safety and ours. The studio setting is well-ventilated and equipped with two air filtration devices. Foremost, Carmichael Studio is designed to capture the best version of you. Update your portrait image with us!
studio booking @ 303 955.7065 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carmichael Portrait Portfolios
Headshots that Connect!
Pricing: Basic Portrait Package for a traditional headshot is $400.00 plus tax for the director/photographer and studio rental overhead. This fee includes Carmichael’s retouching supervision and file management and distribution. We aim to assist local entrepreneurs in capturing a distinctively professional image. The price includes a Zoom editing session where the final selection of images is made. The $400.00 fee includes one approved and retouched image, studio, camera, lighting rental, and up to three wardrobe changes. After selection and comments regarding the client’s retouching preferences, we do our first pass retouching – the second pass is free. A third pass will be charged additionally at $25.00 plus tax per file.
Our confirmation email will include an invoice for $435.38.80 (total with tax) payable to Carmichael Productions, Inc. by check at the beginning of the session. Additional retouched portrait selections are $70.00 plus tax each. If digital color changes are desired in the original wardrobe files, the retouched files are billed at $90.00 plus tax. A second invoice is generated after the edit session for the cost of additional selections beyond the one retouched image the $400.00 charge includes. Upon payment, all raw files are sent to the retoucher. All fees are subject to city and state tax. Heirloom Senior and Family portraits are also offered! We recommend a professional Makeup Artist paid independently at $125.00/session.
Six reasons to book a carmichael headshot
- Carmichael’s extensive professional experience, world-class makeup/styling, and retouching.
- Present the best version of yourself to all your networks.
- Dated headshots do not represent who you are today. A current portrait conveys integrity.
- Invest in an image that underscores your professional brand.
- Professional Custom Studio environment.
- View the home/studio construction project in this photoGRAPHICvideo by Bob Carmichael.
What to expect in Carmichael’s studio
• The guidance of a professional director and photographer with both an Academy Award nomination and a National Emmy Award-winning credit who has also garnered nine nominations at the International Color Awards and four at the International Photography Awards. see Bob Carmichael’s production BIO.
• Professional equipment: Nikon D5 Camera, Sigma 105mm f1.4 ART series portrait lens, Tiffen filtration, and tethered capture.
• 1,000 sq. ft. wheelchair access custom photography studio with HMI Studio continuous lights, Matthews Grip gear, Chimera Softboxes, and Apple computers.
• Zoom virtual editing via HR LightRoom Classic scheduled remotely following principle photography.
• Approximately 100 images to choose from.
• Up to three wardrobe changes – business and casual. Vertical and landscape framing. • After the first retouch passes, the clients get a second round of retouching at no cost. A third pass is an additional $25.00 per file plus tax.
• Current Covid protocols: PPE, crew N95 masks, good ventilation, and social distancing.
Overview of Carmichael Studio Rates and Protocols
An invoice will be sent with your confirmation email. A check for $435.38 written to Carmichael Productions, Inc. is REQUIRED at the start of the portrait session. The price includes one retouched image, up to three wardrobe changes, a Zoom editing session, and post-production follow-up and retouching. During the Zoom edit session, the client selects all the images she wants to purchase. Additional portrait selections beyond the one included in the base fee are $70.00. If digital color changes are desired in the original wardrobe, the retouched individual files are billed at $90.00 plus tax. A secondary invoice is generated after the edit session and sent to the client for payment for the additional selected files. Cancellation is required 48 hours before the call time. The penalty fee for cancellation is 50% of the session fee. We do not accept credit cards.
• Allow approximately two hours for the entire session, including makeup and photography.
• Bring a wide selection of wardrobes so we can help with styling.
• Visit our portrait portfolios to determine your preferential format – landscape or vertical.
• Choose which Background Seamless color you want.
• After photography, we will edit the images to your final selections via a Zoom conference call.
• We offer several levels to our retouching and defer to you for your preference. After selection and comments regarding the client’s retouching preferences, we do our first pass retouching – the second pass is free. A third pass will be charged additionally at $25.00 plus tax per file.
• After approximately 7 to 10 business days, we will send you the first retouch of your images.
• A digital color change of your original wardrobe is available during retouching. The cost is $90.00 per image.
• The client has an unlimited license to her images. Carmichael Productions, Inc. reserves the right to use the images for promotional purposes.
• Raw out-of-the-camera images are NOT allowed outside of the studio. Editing is done exclusively in-house.
• Future reviews of your images for additional selections are charged at $100.00 per hour.
Raw file policy
No unretouched image files will be released from the studio, with no exceptions. Retouching is a critical phase of our workflow, and raw files do not represent finished work. When the photo session is completed, the client and Bob Carmichael review and edit via Zoom using Adobe Lightroom Classic. When final images are client-approved, they are sent for retouching. If an additional editing session is requested, the cost is $100.00 per hour. Additional selections are $70.00 per retouched image. Note: Image files with a grade of over four will be kept for Six Months from the date of the session.
Additional services and pricing
• Author and Artist branded images require more boutique care and time. The rate for these sessions starts at $800.00 for the photographer/studio and 250.00 for the Makeup Artist and Stylist. Please inquire.
• In addition to studio portraits, we also offer exterior images in the studio side yard. These outdoor setups are $550.00 (tax to be included) in addition to the Makeup Artist fee.
• A full-body portrait on reflective Plexiglas flooring is $795.00. This fee includes one retouched image. Additional selections are $125.00 per image, which includes retouching. Three wardrobe changes are allowed.
• A retouched full-body portrait with reflective flooring and a traditional portrait shot is $1,200.00 combined. All additional traditional portrait selections are $65.00. All additional full-body selections are $100.00.
• A half-body (waist-up) portrait for a single person is $500.00. Additional selections are $75.00 per portrait. Three wardrobe changes.
Panoramic nodal point stitch or composite image
• Panoramic team images are created by capturing individual portraits (waist up) stitched or composited together in post-production by the retoucher. These panoramic images are distinctive and high-definition. They can be used for banners or billboards. The key to using the Panoramic technique is shooting five shots of each person in the group. We then choose which image is the most favorable. This assures everyone’s portrait within the group is her best!
A two-person panorama includes a single portrait of each person. Then the individual portraits are composited to create a half-body panorama team image. The cost is $1650.00. Additional single portrait selections are $65.00 per image. All extra selections for the two-person group shot are $150.00. Three-person panorama is $1950.00 and includes three portrait images and a three-person team image. Additional single portrait selections are $65.00 per image. All extra selections for the 3-person panorama group shot are $175.00 per image. Two wardrobe changes. A four-person panorama with four individual portraits and a four-person group shot is $2500.00. Additional single portrait selections are $65.00 per image retouched. All selections for the four-person panorama group shot are $200.00 per image. A 5-person panorama is $3200.00 and yields five retouched portraits. Additional portrait selections are $65.00 per image. All extra selections for the 5-person panorama group shot are $250.00 per image. NOTE: Faded-out backgrounds, such as landscapes, buildings, sports, industrial images, etc., are available for an additional $300.00 per selected image.
• Single-shot Studio Family Portraits: 2 people half body (waist up) is $795.00. Additional family members, including infants are $100.00 each
• Exterior Couple, Staff, or Family Portraits when using location fee properties. $1400.00 for the Photographer, $450 for an assistant with computer tether capture, and $250.00 for ProFoto B1 light rental. A location fee is estimated at $150.00. Makeup Artist $700.00. Full group retouching is $100/ per selected image. Additional single portraits are $65.00 per image for individual shots.
• Special Studio and Exterior Package for High School Senior Portraits: Studio portrait images are recommended for internships, social media, and posterity. Exterior vertical portraits (waist up) are included and are captured in the studio yard or nearby location. The cost is $795.00. The Makeup Artist fee is $200.00. Friends and family of seniors to assist. NOTE: For all other age groups, this package is $995.00, which includes studio and exterior photography. Makeup Artist $200.00. Local film permit fees may be required.
• Band Photography: All requests are happily received. Rates variable. Branded shots in a studio environment require both prep and post-production at a rate of $400 per day. The budget breakdown is as follows: The photographer fee is $1500.00 per shoot day. This includes a 21MP Sensor Flagship Nikon D5 and Sigma Art Series f1.4 105mm, 85mm, and 50mm lens kit. The assistant cameraperson fee is $500.00 per day, which includes Phase One Capture and Tether. The Makeup Artist is $800 per day. PA is $200 per day. Studio Rental fee TBD. Craft Service is estimated at $200.00. Repainting cove is estimated at $125.00. 8′ Para Broncolor light or similar unit is $400.00 per day plus fill lights TBD on rental. Group retouching and panoramic compositing are $200.00 per selected image. Edit selections time via zoom is $300 per session. Projects are bid to include all contingencies, including a line producer to manage the shoot. The minimum producer fee is $750.00 per day.
• Event or Conference documentary photography coverage: Camera Kit – Flagship D5 Nikon camera using Sigma ART Series f1.4 high-speed primes in 105mm, 85mm, and 50mm included in photographer’s rate of $1500.00/day. If lighting is required, an assistant cameraperson is employed, and her rate is $500.00/day. B1 ProFoto strobe lights are an additional $250.00/day plus grip/softboxes, and Mola Beauty Dish is $150/day. Zoom edit session is $300.00. Re-edit sessions are $75.00 per hour. Additional selections are $65.00 per retouched image. Please inquire about the two professionally bound books we have produced in conjunction with our PhotoGRAPHICvideo technique. For additional pricing and session booking, please call 303 955.7065
No unretouched image files will be released from the studio, with NO exceptions. Retouching is a critical phase of our workflow, and raw files are not representative of finished work. When the photo session is completed, the client and Bob Carmichael review and edit via zoom using Adobe Lightroom Classic. When final images are client-approved, they are sent for retouching. If an additional editing session is requested, the cost is $75.00 per hour. Additional selections are $65.00 per retouched image. Note: Image files will be kept for Six Months from the date of the session.