headshots that connect
Carmichael Productions, Inc. is professionally equipped for studio portraits, exterior portraits, and product photography. Bob Carmichael brings a lifetime of experience in image creation to your portrait session. The studio is a custom 1,000 square foot space equipped with continuous motion picture HMI lights and Mathews grip equipment to fashion the perfect light for your image. Flagship Nikon D5 camera, Sigma 105mm f1.4 portrait lens, filtration, and Apple computer tethering are state-of-the-art, as is our world-class post-production retouching. Please view our 125 plus Five Star Google reviews for insights into our reputation. Our aim is to maintain a safe, creative studio environment. Please inquire about our Covid-19 protocols: including vaccination proof, PPE, staff N95 mask-wearing, and physical distancing. The studio setting is well ventilated and equipped with two air filtration devices. Carmichael studios is designed to capture the best version of you. Update your portrait image at Carmichael Studios!
studio booking @ 303 955.7065 or email@example.com
please click below to view our portraits portfolios
headshots that connect
Pricing: Basic Portrait Package for a traditional headshot is $400.00. The price includes a zoom editing session where final selection of images is made. The 400.00 includes one approved and retouched image, studio, camera and lighting rental, and up to three wardrobe changes. We will recommend a professional Makeup Artist who is paid independently at a rate of $100.00/session. Included in our confirmation email will be an invoice for $400.00due and payable at the beginning of the session. Additional retouched portrait selections are $65.00 each. A second invoice is generated after the edit session for the cost of additional selections. Upon payment, all raw files are sent to the retoucher. All fees are subject to city and state tax.
five reasons to book a carmichael headshot
- Carmichael’s directing experience combined with professional makeup/styling and world-class retouching.
- Present the best version of yourself to all your networks.
- Dated headshots do not represent who you are today. A current portrait implies confidence.
- Invest in an image that underscores your professional brand.
- Meet Happy the studio dog and visit Carmichael’s Landmarked, LEED Platinum home/ custom studio. View the construction project in this photoGRAPHICvideo by Bob Carmichael.
what to expect in carmichael’s studio
• The guidance of a professional director and photographer.
• Covid protocols including PPE, N95 masks, and social distancing.
• Professional equipment: Flagship Nikon D5 Camera, Sigma 105mm f1.4 ART series portrait lens, Tiffen filtration, and tethered capture.
• 1,000 sq.ft. photography studio with HMI Studio continuous lights, Matthews Grip gear, Chimera Softboxes, and Apple computers.
• Zoom virtual editing via HR LightRoom Classic scheduled remotely following principle photography.
• Approximately 100 images to choose from.
• Up to three wardrobe changes – business and casual. Vertical and landscape framing.
overview carmichael studio rates and policies
An invoice will be sent with your confirmation email. A check for $435.38 written to Carmichael Productions, Inc. is required at the start of the portrait session. The $400.00 price includes 1 retouched image and three wardrobe changes plus a zoom editing session. During the zoom edit session, the client determines all the images they wish to select and have retouched. Additional portrait selections beyond the one included in the base fee are $70.75 each, including tax. A secondary invoice is generated after the edit session and sent to the client for payment for the additional selected files. Cancellation is required 48 hours prior to the call time. The penalty fee for cancellation is 50% of the session fee. We do not accept credit cards.
• Allow approximately 2.5 hours for the entire session including makeup and photography.
• Bring a wide selection of wardrobes so we can help with styling.
• Visit our portrait portfolios to determine your preferential format – landscape or vertical.
• Choose which Background Seamless color you want.
• After photography we will edit the images down to your final selections via a zoom conference call.
• We offer a number of levels to our retouching and defer to you for your preference.
• After approximately 7 to 10 business days we will send you the first retouch of your images.
• A digital color change of your wardrobe is possible. The cost is $80.00 per image.
• The client has an unlimited license to her images. Carmichael Productions, Inc. reserves the right to use the images for promotional purposes.
• Raw out-of-the-camera images are NOT allowed outside of the studio. Editing is done exclusively in-house.
• Future reviews of your images for additional selections are charged at $100.00 per hour.
raw file policy
No unretouched image files will be released from the studio, NO exceptions. Retouching is a critical phase of our workflow and raw files are not representative of finished work. When the photo session is completed the client and Bob Carmichael review and edit via zoom using Adobe Lightroom Classic. When final images are client-approved they are sent for retouching. If an additional editing session is requested the cost is $75.00 per hour. Additional selections are $65.00 per retouched image. Note: Image files with a grade of over 4 will be kept for Six Months from the date of the session.
additional services and pricing
• In addition to studio portraits, we also offer exterior images in the studio side yard. These outdoor setups are $550.00 in addition to the Makeup Artist fee.
• A full-body portrait on reflective Plexiglas flooring is $795.00. This fee includes one retouched image. Additional selections are $108.85 per image which includes retouching. Three wardrobe changes are allowed.
• A retouched full-body portrait with reflective flooring and a traditional portrait shot is $1,200.00 combined. All additional traditional portrait selections are $65.00. All additional full-body selections are $100.00.
• A half body (waist up) portrait for a single person is $500.00. Additional selections are $75.00 per portrait. Three wardrobe changes.
panoramic nodal point stitch or composite image
• Panoramic team images are created by capturing individual portraits (waist up) which are stitched or composited together in post-production by the retoucher. These panoramic images are distinctive and high-definition. They can be used for banners or billboards. The key to using the Panoramic technique is that we shoot five shots of each person in the group. We then choose which image is the most favorable. This assures everyone’s portrait within the group is her best!
A two-person panorama includes a single portrait of each person and they are composited to create a half body panorama team image. The cost is $1650.00. Additional single portrait selections are $65.00 per image. All extra selections for the two-person group shot are $150.00. Three-person panorama is $1950.00 and includes three portrait images and a three-person team image. Additional single portraits selections are $65.00 per image. All extra selections for the 3-person panorama group shot are $175.00 per image. Two wardrobe changes.
A four-person panorama with four individual portraits and a four-person group shot is $2500.00. Additional single portrait selections are $65.00 per image. All selections for the four-person panorama group shot are $200.00 per image. A 5-person panorama is $3200.00 and yields five portraits retouched. Additional portrait selections are $65.00 per image. All extra selections for the 5-person panorama group shot are $250.00 per image. NOTE: Faded-out backgrounds such as landscapes, buildings, sports, industrial images, etc. are available for an additional $300.00 per selected image.
• Single-shot Studio Family Portraits: 2 people half body (waist up) is $795.00. Additional family members including infants are $100.00 each
• Exterior Couple, Staff or Family Portraits when using location fee properties. $1400.00 for the Photographer, $450 for an assistant with computer tether capture, $250.00 for ProFoto B1 light rental. A location fee is estimated at $150.00. Makeup Artist $700.00. Full group retouching $100/ per selected image. Additional single portraits are $65.00 per image for individual shots.
• Special Studio and Exterior Package for High School Senior Portraits: Studio portrait images are recommended for internships, social media, and posterity. Exterior portraits (waist up) are included and are captured in the studio yard or nearby location. The cost is $795.00. The makeup Artist fee is $200.00. Friends and family of seniors to assist. NOTE: For all other age groups this package is $995.00 which includes studio and exterior photography. Makeup Artist $200.00. Local film permit fees may be required.
• Band Photography: All requests are happily received. Rates variable. Branded shots in a studio environment require both prep and post-production at a rate of $400 per day. The photographer fee is $1500.00 per shoot day, this includes 21MP Sensor Flagship Nikon D5 and lens kit. The assistant cameraperson fee is $500.00 per day which includes Phase One Capture and Tether. The Makeup Artist is $800 per day. PA is $200 per day. Studio Rental fee TBD. Craft Service is estimated at $200.00. Repainting cove estimated at $125.00. 8′ Para Broncolor light or similar unit is $400.00 per day plus fill lights TBD on rental. Group retouching and panoramic compositing is $200.00 per selected image. Edit selections time via zoom is $300 per session. Projects are bid to include all contingencies including a line producer to manage the shoot. Producer fee is $700.00 per day.
• Event or Conference documentary photography coverage: Camera Kit – Flagship D5 Nikon camera using Sigma ART Series f1.4 high-speed primes in 105mm, 85mm, and 50mm included in photographer’s rate of $1500.00/day. If lighting is required then an assistant cameraperson is employed and her rate is $500.00day. B1 ProFoto strobe lights are an additional $250.00/day plus grip/softboxes and Mola Beauty Dish is $150/day. Please inquire about the two professionally bound books we have produced in conjunction with our PhotoGRAPHICvideo technique. Zoom edit session is $300.00. Re-edit sessions are $75.00 per hour. Additional selections are $65.00 per retouched image. For additional pricing and session booking please call 303 955.7065
No unretouched image files will be released from the studio, NO exceptions. Retouching is a critical phase of our workflow and raw files are not representative of finished work. When the photo session is completed the client and Bob Carmichael review and edit via zoom using Adobe Lightroom Classic. When final images are client-approved they are sent for retouching. If an additional editing session is requested the cost is $75.00 per hour. Additional selections are $65.00 per retouched image. Note: Image files will be kept for Six Months from the date of the session.