studio portraits – sessions & fees
2015 High Value Rate … $295.00/basic session fee, please book at 303 955.7065
My Professional Portraits are an investment that can be amortized over 5 years of use. My Clients enjoy visiting our Boulder Landmarked Historical home that has been renovated to Leeds Platinum Certification. Our Boulder property is one of the most energy efficient homes in America and it houses a custom 1,000 Sq.ft. photography studio, make-up station and entrance way Gallery – all making for a memorable and productive photographic session. My goal is to capture a genuine sense of who you are. My many years of award winning production experience and master retouching will provide you with professional level images that will postively propel your career and professional aspirations. Exterior shots are available on our landscaped double lot. Camera: Flagship Nikon D4 with 35mm sensor camera, higher end Hasselblad optional. Lights: Continuous Hollywood studio level K5600 HMI lamps with flash available and studio Matthews grip gear for manipulating light. Selects: Easy edit selection via Light Room 4. Retouching: Elite, European fashion level.
Client Endorsements: “Bob is meticulous and thorough in his work, yet he maintains a keen artistic sense. His studio in comfortable and state-of-the-art. All this combines to bring spectacular results.” Roger Briggs: author,”Journey to Civilization – The science of how we got here” Hall of Fame Climber. ” Mr. Carmichael is such a great guy to work with. His experience and professional background results in only the highest quality work. He has wonderful energy and his hard work creates beautiful art!” Helena Long, Model “Working with Bob Carmichael on my back cover photo was a very satisfying experience in both process and results.” Larry Gottlieb, author, The Seer’s Explanation. “Not just a pretty picture, Bob’s goes beneath the skin to explore the essence and potential of an individual then captures it with crystalline clarity.” Tamara Winter, Beyond Blue Grass Landscaping.“Bob’s studio is wonderful. He was very approachable and engaging, working closely with my desired outcomes to create an excellent final photo. It was a fantastic experience, and I would highly recommend him.” Sophie Harrington, Colorado Presidential Scholar, University of Cambridge,UK.
Carmichael Productions Studio Portrait Prices :
• BASIC CLOSE-UP (CU) PORTRAIT SESSION FEE: For One retouched image is $295.00. Additional retouched images are $60.00 per selection. The session allows for two wardrobe changes and your choice of seamless color background (BG). We provide a professional makeup/styling station. We typically shoot approximately 100 images and then we edit immediately via LR5 for selections. It is $15.00 extra for changing a garments color within the retouching phase. If three wardrobe changes are requested the session price becomes $395.00. Typically 3 business days to complete retouching and two revisions are offered. RUSH shoots (one day turnaround) add $100 extra per image selected for retouching.
• COMPANY INDIVIDUAL CU PORTRAIT SHOTS: Group discounted rate is $275.00/person when FOUR or more company members book on a single day.
• PROFESSIONAL GROUP PORTRAITS: A double CU portrait shot is $495.00. The additional setup for a 3/4 shot for two people would be $395.00 additional yielding two selected images, one CU – one 3/4 for $890.00. Additional selections plus retouching would be $75.00/each. A full body or 3/4 length shot for 2 people is $395.00. A full body or 3/4 length shot for three people is $495.00 for one selected image as they require a studio setup reconfiguration. For 4 people the price goes to $595.00. For 5 people the cost is $595.00, 6 people is $695.00, 7 people is $795.00 and 8 people is $895.00. Groups of 6, 7, or 8 people are stitched shots shot in two sequences. Additional images are $100/image for retouching of more than two people in the frame.
Note: Additional selections are $100.00 per retouched image for three or more people.
• PORTFOLIO PACKAGE: One individual studio CU portrait shot and one full body or 3/4 standing studio shot is $495.00 plus tax. Note: Full body retouching for additional shots is $75.00. Three wardrobe changes allowed for this package. Additional selected shots are $60.00 for portraits, $75.00 for standup retouched images.
• PARTNERS/COUPLES: Each partner gets a separate portraits and then are poised with a partner in 3/4 or full body shots are $895.00 which includes three retouched images: two individual CUs and one couple shot retouched. Additional selected shots are $60.00 for portraits, $75.00 for standup retouched images.
• STUDIO CU/EXTERIOR: shot (on our landscaped double lot) the fee is $475.00 plus tax. Additional selected shots are $60.00 for portraits, $75.00 for standup retouched images.
• TWO STUDIO SETUPS PLUS EXTERIOR SETUP: All involving new lighting configurations is $895.00. This price results in THREE selected and retouched images. It is required that a half payment be made prior to shoot day. Additional retouched images are $60.00 for CU’s and $75.00 for full body retouching. Note: Permitting fees are extra for the City of Boulder and Boulder County. If we are scouting and pulling permits a $150.00 extra fee will be applied for scout time and permitting fees. Reminder of the fee, based on edited final selections, are due at the conclusion of the shoot day.
• EXECUTIVE, MODEL, ATHLETE, ACTOR, MUSICIAN PORTFOLIO FULL SESSION: This marketing/promotional package includes FOUR finished images in varying locations with assistant and styling/make-up included is priced at $1295.00 plus tax. Additional selected shots are $60.00 for portraits, $75.00 for standup retouched images. It is required that a half payment be made prior to shoot day.
• PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Full payment is due at the conclusion of the shoot via check to Carmichael Productions, Inc. We require a half session fee to book any session beyond basic portraits. Cancellation fee for portraits within the 24 hour window prior to call time is $100.00. NOTE: If one cancellation is taken, the client must put down a 1/2 session prepayment to reschedule. Cancellation for product shots 48 hours prior to shoot and the cancellation fee is 50% of the project budget.
• FILE POLICY: No unretouched files will be released from the studio, NO exceptions. Retouching is a critical phase of our workflow and raw files are not representative of finished work. Note: Image files will be kept for one year from the date of the session. Reviews of images during that time will cost $75.00 to access and review. Retouching fees per basic image remain $60.00.
• SESSION TIME: Editing decisions for selected images are made immediately following photography, then sent to retouching so please allow approx 2.5 hours for a complete photography and edit session.
Video Production Pricing:
• PROFESSIONAL MISSION STATEMENT VIDEO: YouTube/Vimeo ready, cinematic look via 35mm digital sensors, professionally edited and lit, graphics, teleprompter assisted, styling/makeup, directed by Bob Carmichael: $3500.00 plus tax.
We welcome inquiries. Please contact Carmichael Productions, inc. by calling 303-955-7065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.